otherwise engaged.

a random mental scrapbook for things rescued from the detritus of everyday, maintained
by an impossibly romantic, oftentimes obsessive compulsive, but always incredibly
unfrazzled and beautiful (or so she'd like to think), bride-to-be.
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

My Photo
Name:

A woman who writes feels too much,those trances and portents!
As if cycles and children and islands weren't enough;
as if mourners and gossips and vegetables were never enough.
She thinks she can warn the stars. A writer is essentially
a spy. Dear love,
I am that girl. --from THE BLACK ART by Anne Sexton

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Lunch with the (future) in-laws

Yesterday, I was formally introduced to Alcuin's family.
It was very informal, and Alcuin's dad, Tito Tony, jokingly
asked me whether my parents found his son acceptable
at all. He asked me what my parents thought of Alcuin.
I said my parents did not seem to have any objections,
or if they did, they've not told me anything. I even added
that they seemed to have already been instantly impressed
with Alcuin when we were first going out, because they were
both familiar with his by-line in the Inquirer.

Later, Alcuin's stepmom Tita Inday joined us and she sat
beside me. Of course this made me nervous because it was
apparent she was going to grill me. It wasn't as bad as I
thought--later, I found out that she was very pleasant, and
she just seemed genuinely interested to get to know me.
My worries about the meeting seemed to have been
unnecessary. Jaypee, Alcuin's younger brother came very late,
as we were just leaving the restaurant. But I already know
Jaypee from UPCFA . He used to be a student of Darling's
and Rita's.

3 Comments:

Blogger sandygirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:41 PM  
Blogger sandygirl said...

Lunch with future in-laws is definitely the most unnerving thing. It's never happened to me that I'm meeting my beau's parents as fiancee already. My stomach churns at the thought :(

1:49 PM  
Blogger may said...

It's so funny nga. When we were just dating my parents
have only met Alcuin once, and the second time they
saw him, we were already engaged. Although he's gone
to my parents' house in Antipolo to visit whenever I was
there for the weekends, my parents always seemed to
be at a party or out of town.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home